- 16-Feb-2017 to 17-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Warehouse General
- Fairfield, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Group Lead is to assist the Distribution Center Manager or any manger he/she is reporting to for the overall performance of the warehouse, and operations. Assists the DC Manager to plan, organize, help staff, and maintain the warehouse activities. Key responsibilities are to assist in the selection, training, and motivation of the workforce. The Group Lead is accountable for achieving company objectives in regard to safe work place, properly trained work force, labor cost efficiency, employee productivity, customer service, efficient storage, accuracy and clean food grade warehouse.
– Assist in planning, directing, training and implementing warehouse employees to meet productivity and service goals for each customer.
– Leads and coordinates activities of workers engaged in loading and unloading products from trucks and or performing any handling or value added function for our customer.
– Make sure that every employee follows the work instructions of the bill of lading, receiver or any specific work instruction.
– Operate in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes, OSHA requirements and Federal Labor law and requirements.
– Assist in developing and maintaining a productive work team by hiring, training, motivating, apply sound communication, directing the work force in the most efficient way, praising, counseling, and discipline employees.
– Provides input to DC Manager in the performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
– Must maintain a productivity program and track all important job characteristics, which will allow the Group Lead to be able to help evaluate employees properly.
– Must make sure that all equipment is in good working condition, properly maintained and all safety equipment is being used.
– Make sure that all employees are trained properly on the equipment and they are operating it correctly.
– The security of the facility and integrity of customer products is mandatory
– Must work very closely with Customer Service Representative to assure the warehouse and office are working in unison to provide 100 percent customer satisfaction for all shipments and receipts.
– Inventory accuracy must be maintained by product and location. All Customer accounts must be given proper priority levels that allows for required level of operations, administrative support, appropriate contacts and response to special requests.
– May act as a communication liaison between LeSaint and the Client(s) as needed.
– A working Lead must be able to perform the functions of a Warehouse-Material Operator.
– Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner.
– Move product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
– Pick orders for shipment according to instructions on bill of lading or pick sheet and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped in an accurate method.
– Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
– Operate materials handling equipment safely and efficiently using safety equipment as required.
– Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damages.
– Must able to work 12-hour shifts and seven days a week. Overtime may be required.
– Miscellaneous duties and responsibilities include charge equipment batteries as needed, participate in physical inventories and rack construction, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and re-packing as needed, repair pallets if necessary, clean out trailers if necessary and other duties assigned that may be required by management.
– Leadership responsibilities may be limited to warehouse employees or expanded to include customer service representatives, and maintenance personnel.
– Other duties as assigned by management.
– High School Education and/or equivalent related experience.
– Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
– Ability to perform calculations involving adding, counting, subtracting, division and multiplication. Pass the company math test.
– Ability to follow procedures and instructions. Be able to listen to employee's needs and concerns.
– Ability to operate a forklift, order picker, reach trucks and other types of equipment and attachments is required.
– Must pass the written test and obstacle course for Forklift Certification. Ability to operate a forklift, order picker, reach trucks and other types of equipment and attachments is required.
– Will be required to manually lift and stack products that range from 5 pounds to 100 pounds and must be able to roll drums weighing 500+ lbs. Must be capable of sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, or walking for extended periods of time.
– This position is not in a controlled environment.
– The work element will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
To be eligible for a posted position, you must meet the minimum hiring specifications for the position, be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, be an employee in good standing in terms of your overall work records, and generally have been in your current position for a minimum of six months.