- 16-Feb-2017 to 17-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Warehouse General
- Fairfield, OH, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the accurate storing, picking, shipping, scanning, and receiving of product to meet company standards in the area of safety, security, damage free, and productivity.
– Pick orders for shipment according to SOP instructions and on bill of lading or pick sheet and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped in an accurate method. Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner.
– Move product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
– Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
– Operate materials handling equipment safely and efficiently using safety equipment as required.
– Must be able to work 12-hour shifts and seven days a week as overtime may be required.
– Miscellaneous duties and responsibilities include charge equipment batteries as needed, participate in physical inventories and rack construction, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and re-packing as needed, repair pallets if necessary, clean out trailers if necessary and other duties assigned that may be required by management.
– Ability to follow procedures and work instructions.
– Some warehouse experience is preferred.
– Ability to read, write legibly, and perform calculations involving adding, counting, subtracting, division and multiplication. Need to pass the company math test.
– Must pass the written test and obstacle course for Forklift Certification. Ability to operate a forklift, order picker, reach trucks and other types of equipment and attachments is required.
– Will be required to manually lift and stack products that range from 5 pounds to 100 pounds and must be able to roll drums weighing 500+ lbs. Must be capable of sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, or walking for extended periods of time.
– This position is not in a controlled environment.
To be eligible for a posted position, you must meet the minimum hiring specifications for the position, be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, be an employee in good standing in terms of your overall work records, and generally have been in your current position for a minimum of six months.