- 03-Feb-2017 to 04-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Transportation - Drivers
- Bremen, IN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, STD, LTD, 401K w/company match
The Dedicated Reional Driver is responsible for ensuring that the pick up, transport, and delivery of loads are performed in an error free and safe manner, in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations. Ensures equipment is safe for operation and deficiencies are reported immediately. Communicates with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
The Local Transportation Division currently operates in approximately 10 states with loads typically ranging 300 to 400 miles from home terminal. This requires that the driver applying for this position be able to be away from home 2 to 3 days a week. At present, all drivers are home 90% of all weekends and all company recognized holidays.
• Inspect their Equipment – complete all company and DOT reports making sure the vehicles are in proper working condition for safe operation.
• Documentation – ensure accuracy of all shipping documents, drivers daily dispatch sheets, and driver daily logs. Need to make sure of weight and proper D.O.T classification on the paperwork.
• Pick up, transport, and delivery of loads – Must perform all aspects of freight movement in a safe and efficient manner to ensure on-time delivery of customer product. This includes, but is not limited to, adherence to all company policies and procedures, as well as, adherence to all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
• Miscellaneous – Other duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning of tractor and trailer, occasional driver assisted loading or unloading of freight.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Work hours- LeSaint Transportation currently utilizes the 70 hour/8 day rule as outlined in the FMCSR Part 395. Loads are currently scheduled Monday through Friday.
• Supervisory Responsibilities- Not applicable
• Qualifications- To perform this position successfully, the driver must perform each essential duty to the best of their ability in an effort to achieve an annual performance review rating of satisfactory. The requirements below are representative of some of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• Education and/or Experience-No degree required.
Driving experience a plus, but willing to train recent driving school graduates.
Class A CDL License with Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements
The ability to follow procedures and work instructions with good judgment in decision-making
The ability to read and write legibly. Must be able to communicate clearly as position requires frequent communication with dispatchers and customers.
Ability to perform calculations involving adding, counting, subtracting, division and multiplication. .
• Physical and Work Demands.
Must be capable of sitting, standing, lifting, or walking for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds at various times of the day.
Employee will work in various weather conditions and are subject to noise and hazards.
To be eligible for a posted position, you must meet the minimum hiring specifications for the position, be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, be an employee in good standing in terms of your overall work records, and generally have been in your current position for a minimum of six months.
About Lesaint Logistics Headquartered in Romeoville, Illinois (near Chicago), LeSaint Distrubution Services is a Top 100 third-party logistics (3PL) provider, developing customized, knowledge based, integrated supply chain solutions for customers from a wide range of industries, including beverage, building materials, chemicals, retail, consumer products, paper products and pharmaceuticals companies. With more than 14 facilities across the United States, LeSaint offers comprehensive logistics services, from warehousing, transportation and fulfillment to inventory management, dedicated contract carriage, hazardous materials management and value-added services. LeSaint clients are supported by the company's TechKnow™ suite of real-time reporting and management tools to provide complete accountability and visibility of logistics processes.
EMPLOYEES ARE THE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS! Quality employees are the key to LeSaint Logistics' success. Since the creation of LeSaint Logistics, we have committed to a positive work place extends beyond our facility walls. As a result, LeSaint offers a comprehensive group insurance program, competitive compensation, a commitment to a safe work environment, open and honest communication and ongoing training of our employees; these are among the many benefits of working for LeSaint.