- 03-Feb-2017 to 04-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Shifts: Rotating Dayshifts: 06:00 am – 18:00 pm (M, T, F, SA WEEK 1)
06:00 am – 1800PM (SU, W, TH WEEK 2)
Rotation Night Shift 18:00 pm – 06:00 am (M, T, F, SA WEEK 1)
18:00 pm – 06:00 am (SU, W, TH WEEK 2)
Responsible for ensuring that the delivery function is performed in an error free and safe environment. Loads are delivered per the instructions of the shipping papers in a productive, efficient, on time and safe manner. Communicates with customers as required to insure that customers are satisfied with the delivery of their load.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Inspect their Equipment – complete all company and DOT reports and make sure the vehicles are in proper working condition for safe operation.
• Documentation – ensure the accuracy of all shipping document is correct and provides enough information to provide for an on time and safe delivery. Need to make sure of weight and proper D.O.T classification on the paperwork.
• Deliver the Load – deliver the load on time in a safe and efficient manner
• Miscellaneous – follow all policies and procedures necessary to do the job properly. Verify the load and paper work is correct, make sure the load is complete, secure before moving the load from the dock, make sure that trailer doors are always in proper position and locked in a secured position. Each trailer must be clean and in good working condition. Communicate with customers as required to insure the customer satisfaction with the load. If there are any issues with load it must be communicated to supervisor and warehouse manager if our warehouse is involved in this load. Employee may be asked to work various jobs in the driver field or if needed in warehouse or any other functions as assigned by management.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Not applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Not required having a degree with this position. Driving experience is required. Must be willing to learn new computer technology if needed to improve customer or company position.
REASONING ABILITY – The ability to follow procedures and work instructions, have good judgement and decision-making ability are required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS – The ability to read and write legibly, be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Position requires frequent communication with dispatchers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Ability to perform calculations involving adding, counting, subtracting, division and multiplication. Pass the company math test.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – CDL Class A License for Spotter Drivers and CDL Class A License for Tractor-Trailer Driver unless Customer Specific Assigned Drivers.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS - The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be cable of sitting, standing, lifting, or walking for extended periods of time. In a day, may need to get in and out of yardhouse100 times, open and shut trailer doors on 50 trailers, slide tandems on trailers, set trailer bulkheads, clean trailer when needed, crank trailer dollies, as well as lift up to 75 pounds at various times of the day. Employee will work in various weather conditions and is subject to noise and hazards.
About this company
Headquartered in Romeoville, Illinois (near Chicago), LeSaint is a Top 100 third-party logistics (3PL) provider, developing customized, knowledge based, integrated supply chain solutions for customers from a wide range of industries, including beverage, building materials, chemicals, retail, consumer products, paper products and pharmaceuticals companies. With more than 14 facilities across the United States, LeSaint offers comprehensive logistics services, from warehousing, transportation and fulfillment to inventory management, dedicated contract carriage, hazardous materials management and value-added services. LeSaint clients are supported by the company's TechKnow™ suite of real-time reporting and management tools to provide complete accountability and visibility of logistics processes. EMPLOYEES ARE THE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS! Quality employees are the key to LeSaint Logistics' success. Since the creation of LeSaint Logistics, we have committed to a positive work place extends beyond our facility walls. As a result, LeSaint offers a comprehensive group insurance program, competitive compensation, a commitment to a safe work environment, open and honest communication and ongoing training of our employees; these are among the many benefits of working for LeSaint.